A Wonderful Space To Explore
Set in a lovely calm environment with fully qualified and very experienced SEN / behavioural management staff, The Outdoor Place is a wonderful space for our young adults to explore and learn whilst having the space they need to be ‘them’. The project is provided all year round with a focused programme in the summer break, which also gives parents / guardians a welcome break from the long holidays! The Outdoor Place works with the local community providing an outdoor space for all to learn and explore (inclusive of those with SEN, learning difficulties, autism and disadvantaged backgrounds). Watching their self confidence and personal tolerance levels improve is a most rewarding experience for all. Through the various challenges and adventures we are able to help our learners discover themselves and better understand others, whilst learning new skills.
Time in the outdoors increases the ability to:
- understand and respect others
- develop personal confidence and social skills
- enhance life skills and ability to integrate in different aspects of society
- better manage individual behaviour
- improved health, wellbeing and and motor skills
- develop greater knowledge and understanding of the environment around them.
This all supports our young people to integrate within a social setting, providing self awareness of their own limitations and triggers.